Megatech College was established in November 1987 under the name of Pusat Bimbangan Mega Sdn Bhd. Initially the college was set up as a tuition center to provide academic support for the following professional examinations:
- Engineering Council Examination, UK – Parts I & I
- Institution of Engineers Malaysia – Parts I & II
- City & Guilds of London Institute, UK – Parts I, II & III
Engineering Education, Training and Retraining
As the number of students started to grow gradually, the Directors of the college saw the need to establish a full time college to cater to the needs of the Industries which were facing shortage of skilled man power. Hence, in October 1988 Megatech College was formally established as a specialist college providing Certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma courses in Electrical & Electronic Engineering. Courses were conducted both full-time and part-time to cater for the needs of fresh school leavers and the working adults.
Dynamic and Vibrant College
From its humble beginning, Megatech College has since developed and matured into a dynamic and vibrant full fledged Engineering college which has pioneered the following educational achievements in Malaysia:-
- In 1991 for the first time a consortium of private colleges was formed in Malaysia to offer the then BTEC HND programmes. Megatech College takes pride to be one of the member colleges of this consortium. The HND programme created a pathway for successful Malaysian students to complete their degree in less than ONE year in a UK University thus creating the famous ‘2+1’ Degree concept within the Malaysian education scenario.
- Since its inception, Megatech College has been one of the few colleges which prepared students for the professional examinations offered by the Engineering Council (UK) and The Institution of Engineers Malaysia. Many professional engineers in industry have benefited out of our excellent performance record.
- Megatech College was among the first to become a C&G examination center in Malaysia thus enabling candidates to sit for the world renowned City & Guilds examination in Malaysia.
- Megatech College is involved in Corporate Training programmes since 1991 providing specialised training courses for the industries in Malaysia.
- In 1994 Megatech College became one of the first few private colleges to offer skills courses in the field of Industrial Electronics, Computing, Information technology and Mechatronics. These skills courses were offered in collaboration with the Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran (JPK) (previously known as Majlis Latihan Vokasional Kebangsaan) under the Ministry of Human Resources, Malaysia.
- In the year 2002, Megatech College entered into collaborative partnership with the Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) in the United Kingdom, allowing our Higher Diploma/Advanced Diploma Students to complete the B.Eng (Hons) Degree in Electronics & Control Systems Engineering in Liverpool, England within 3 months (Summer Semester Programme).
Megatech College is also one of the few Colleges in Malaysia who has been awarded the approval by the Ministry of Higher Education to recruit international students.
Centre of Excellence
At Megatech College, our business orientation has been always to educate and create a world of opportunities for our future generation. With a strong emphasis on engineering and IT skills education, we have been successfully producing highly skilled graduates for the challenging and evolving work environment.
Today, Megatech College graduates are much sought after in the industrial sector in Malaysia. Megatech College is not just a college for education but a centre of excellence that believes in providing a future for our young generation and a competent workforce for our dynamic nation.